Thursday, December 11, 2008

Glamorizing Death

There has been great controversy as to whether a TV station in Britain should've aired the assisted suicide of a British citizen in Switzerland. The man had some sort of a neurotic illness and decided it was time to end his life before his condition worsened. So he flew to Switzerland with his wife where he flipped off his ventilator and drank some sort of poison serum with his wife holding his hand.

I clicked on a video from Sky News that was about a 2 minute documentary of it. I left a short message on the comments below and my email box started getting assaulted by people cussing me out. The language was so terrible that I can't even quote something from one of the messages. People telling me to shove my #*$%@ God down my throat and etc.

One man did say that this man chose an honorable death. How to evaluate what is an honorable death? Is dying by natural causes dishonorable? The twisted view of humanity when separated from the Creator is very numbing.

The only death that was ever honorable was the death that Jesus died. However, these same people that send these messages curse Him and mock His name. The Bible says that it is appointed unto man once to die, and after that judgment (Heb. 9:27). People who consider suicide should ponder that truth, and seek the Lord while He may be found (Is. 55:6). Only in Christ can we ever escape the pain and suffering that this life promises.

Jesus is the way, the truth and the life.

0 Comments: