Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"Old" Truth On Display

I was so excited to see in a local newspaper that about 3 minutes from our house they opened a new museum showing the development of the Czech Bible. Here are just 3 of the several Bibles they had:

The oldest Bible was the "Prague Bible" from 1488.


The next oldest was the "Venice Bible" from 1506. It was named that because that is where it was printed.


Then the 1601 version of the Bible Kralicka. It was so cool that the Bible was opened to Luke chapter 9. My eyes just fell on verse 23, which says - Then He said to them all, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me.


Click on the closeup picture of this verse to see the old Czech style of writing!


I asked the man manning the museum if I could take pictures and he said, "sure." It was obvious that the Bibles meant nothing to him, but they meant a lot to me!!! It is the Living Word of God. So I went out and got my camera and returned to take pictures at will. Praise God for this treasure house about 2 miles from my house! I am thankful to the Lord that I was able to see this before we move soon to continue ministry here in the Czech.

6 Comments:

Jonathan Moorhead said...

I've heard that there are good texts where you are. Sweet.

P.S. we were close to Austin this week and drove by a Czech town on the way. We were tempted to stop and try the food, but had go on through. Thought of you though.

Anonymous said...

"It was obvious that the Bibles meant nothing to him"

Thats real christian...

Lance M. Roberts said...

Mr./Mrs. Annonymous,

You weren't there, so you have no idea. Why are you so quick to judge?

Anonymous said...

Why were you? You couldn't possibly know what those bibles meant to him.

Lance M. Roberts said...

Anonymous #2. I think you are the same person as Anonymous #1.

Read my last comment. It answers your question. Don't comment on something when you have no idea what you're talking about.

The Family said...

Thank you for sharing this pictures to us. I am actually searching for an article about covenant marriage.