Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Pastor Jerry Falwell at Home with the Lord

I remember Dr. Falwell one time joking when someone asked him what to write on his tombstone. He said they will write Luke 16:22 - "So it was that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels to Abraham's bosom."

Though I certainly don't agree with everything he has said or done I greatly repsect him as a man of God. He always stood for what he believed was right and he was always faithful to boldly proclaim the gospel anytime I have ever seen him in a television interview or debate. As a graduate of Liberty University I can say that he had a big impact on my life. I will never forget the few exchanges I had with him including the time he intentionally swerved at me in his suburban laughing as he drove by saying hello.

Now he worships with the angels at the feet of Jesus whom he loved so dearly.

May God bless the Falwell family and comfort their grieving hearts during this time of loss.

0 Comments: